“Path for solution in Manipur will be found through peace. The Centre is making all efforts for a solution and will continue to do so,” PM Modi said.
He was addressing the nation from the ramparts of the Red Fort on India’s 77th Indepedence Day. This was the Prime Minister’s 10th consecutive Independence Day speech from the iconic monument.
Here are the top quotes from PM Modi’s speech:
- Our decisions, sacrifices in this period will impact next 1,000 years, India marching ahead with new confidence, resolve.
- India’s rise and development resulting in renewed global confidence in country.
- World is technology-driven, with its talent in technology India will have new role and impact on global stage.
- India’s biggest capability is trust – people’s trust in govt, in country’s bright future and world’s trust in India. In shaping a changing world, Indian people’s capabilities are evident.
- In 2014, people decided that to take country forward, stable and strong govt is needed; India was freed from era of instability.